We are a 4×4 Off Road training provider and offer various courses including our own bespoke course, LANTRA and City and Guilds. Depending on whether you are looking for a National Award qualification of not, we will have an option that will suit your needs!
Explore 4×4 Bespoke
We offer a selection of our own bespoke 4×4 Off Road training course. If you require training, but are not necessarily needing a national award qualification, our own bespoke training courses are for you! No less rigorous though.
What We Offer
Our courses are tailor made to your own specific requirements and trainees are issued with a Certificate of Training, stating the areas covered.
One Day 4x4Off Road Training Course – maximum of 3 people per instructor
- Training can be in your own vehicle or one of ours.
- Trainees will receive a qualification upon course completion.
- Coffee, tea and biscuits will be available throughout the day.
- All of our training courses can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
All of our courses cover the following and as previously mentioned, this can be adapted to suit you.
- comply with legal requirements and safe practice – to understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on a public road
- identify risks associated with with off road vehicle use
- select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- understand the main causes of accidents
- identify the controls, systems and components of the vehicle
- perform pre-start checks
- identify and report faults
- prepare the vehicle for use of road
- assess the suitability of the ground/route
- make structured decisions about if and how to tackle obstacles
- perform a failed hill climb
- drive over a variety of terrain
- perform an on-site risk assessment
- identify the loading/towing capacities
- identify the dangers of vehicle recovery/self recovery
- demostrate decision making skills based on considering the attributes of: the obstacle/situation – the vehicle – the driver
If you are looking to add a little extra to your training, we also offer the following; On-Road Defensive Driver Development, Specialist Children in Transit, Skid Prevention and Control and Anti-Hijack and Security Driving.
All training requires appropriate dress. Suitable outdoor clothing and supportive footwear.
Drivers must be 17 years or older for our Training sessions.